View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Banned

From someone who sees first hand wolf predation problems on registered traplines, soon as ADC permit is written and I go to work, than the registered trapper is all concerned about "his wolves".The whole point of sheepguides thread is not about "all" trappers, but the ones who don't actually get out there and trap. And if you so called "hunters" are such expert outdoorsman, when are you going to realize that yes there is a predation problem in a lot of areas throughout Alberta. A lot of Fur affidavits that are filled out yearly are not worth the paper there written on, some trappers understate there actual harvests to "protect" productive trapping areas, or exaggerate there catch to pamper their egos or reflect what there catch should have been under "normal" circumstances, and that is a Fact. And areas where theres problem packs and Esrd gets after the trapper to maybe try harder for wolves, they answer back well I caught 15 last yr, when they actually caught 0. I brought it up 3 yrs ago with biologists and officers that I work with that trappers wolf catches where problem packs are year after year, it should be mandatory check in of any wolf caught, cause some trappers "word" is not the honest truth. Rant over. And who really cares what sheepguide does for a living, like is that all you can find to try and bash him on, unbelievable.