View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
Pardon me?????? You wanna bash my choice in career and say that because you trap a few wolves in a totally different area that you obviously know more than someone as low as a righand!! Shows your true colors so its no wonder your not a very popular moderator here!

The areas I bring up have a very very small black bear population due to grizzlys!! It takes a pretty dam tough black bear to survive there. The largest elk population drop in Alberta was at the ya ha tinda and you wont come across much of a black bear population in this or the surrounding areas. The odd one for sure and a number of grizz, some cats and some large packs of wolves that run the Red Deer river valley. So are you saying these large wolf packs eat nothing here and the few bears caused a 3000 head drop in elk numbers?
Who is bashing?

You are rig worker. I worked oilfield for a time. No shame in that. At least none I know of.

I do question your knowledge of the wolf problem, again, that's not bashing, that's simply putting my trust in those who I know have some experience.

For all I know you may have as much or more experience then anyone else here, but thus far you have given no indication of that so I have to go with what you have revealed, that you are a rig worker.
That does not necessarily equate to experience with wolves.

Anyone can take a drive in the mountains and think they know all there is to know about the wildlife in that section of the province.

I've lived in this area most of my life, just shy of 60 years. I've been a trapper and hunter since I was old enough to walk.
I've spent thousands of hours hunting, trapping and photographing wildlife throughout this region and in other parts of this province.

And I know, I don't know enough to decide if Wolves are causing declining game numbers or not.

It may be that you are much smarter then I am, which would be interesting since I have an IQ of 128, but to be blunt, I doubt you know half as much as you would like us to believe you do.

George Bernard Shaw