Thread: Status Natives
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Just like everyone else, native people use our roads, our schools, our hospitals, our electricity, our natural gas,and our running water and sewer, our motor vehicles, our aircraft, and they take a part in governing our country, so they have in fact become part of us. I doubt that you will find many native people willing to give up all of these things, to live like their ancestors did.
When I read this I thought that it pretty well summed it all up. I kept reading it and then I took out all of the words "our" and replaced it with the word "the". For the most part I lived like my grand parents up until I was sixteen and moved out on my own. Would I do it again? Only if I had to but I could do it because I know how. Lots would be in trouble though because they wouldn't have a clue of how to survive without the stuff we have and that includes natives. What good is a treaty then? So I guess all have lost something as time goes by.