View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&7 View Post
Ok guys....first off, I am not an electronics guru.

I am sure this little project is super easy to do but honestly need some help on the how's and where to buy's to get this done.

I have a Marcum VS380 cam. Of course, that is the old cam and as such, Marcum felt 60 feet was long enough for the cam cable. I disagree and Spray Lakes has proved me correct.

The cable is 60 ft while newer models are all now 75 ft. What I would like to do is have the plug that goes into the back of the monitor actually based right at the hole (just above the panner). All I need to do is build an extension cord (so to speak) that has the female end at the panner and a male end to plug into the back of the monitor. That way, I have the maximum 60 ft range right at the hole and not wasting another +/- 10 ft. from the cam hole to inside my tent.

The prob is this: what kind of cable and plugs do I need? Where do I find them?

I realize that I could prob sell this cam and get a VS385 (and that may just happen) but I am wondering if this can be done. Would there also be a way to make that connection waterproof? Could a guy make the cable length 100ft or more by making that connection waterproof and strong enough to support the weight of the cam without worrying about break-off?

Any thoughts out there? Anyone done it already?
I am very interested in this also! I have the Marcum 385C and the picture at ~70' is pretty good and I would be willing to go 100'+ if possible. The main issue that I can see is the camera may fail at 100' and 58psi and allow water in.