View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Lol better watch out boys Blake's well known for sucker punching people google it
http://www.prrecordgazette.com/2004/...ted-of-assault

Quote:

A Spirit River man who broke the nose of a Peace River hockey player during a game last year in Donnelly has been found guilty of assault causing bodily harm and fined $920.

Blake Shmyr, 21, was given the ruling March 9 in Falher provincial court by Judge Eldon Simpson.

The incident occurred in Donnelly during a tournament championship game between the Nampa Grizzlies and the Woking Wolves. Marc Tardif, who played for the Grizzlies, said the altercation took place in the final minute of the third period with the score at 2-2. Tardif stole the puck from Shmyr and launched it down the ice with 10 seconds left on the clock. Just before the period ended, Shmyr belted Tardif in the face, breaking his nose. Tardif was wearing a helmet semi-visor at the time.

"I couldn't believe the guy sucker-punched me. I never saw it coming at all," said Tardif. "My first reaction was, 'wow, what a poor sport.' "

Tardif subsequently filed a charge of assault against Shmyr with McLennan RCMP.

"I wanted to make it clear to this guy that what he did to me was unacceptable," Tardif said. "It would have been a different story if we both consented to dropping the gloves, but that wasn't the case."
So he has also been convicted of criminal charges.