View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I'll tell you whut Im a gunna do. you cover the 400 to 600 bucks a month I spend on gas looking for my spots and fishing them, and I will give you a location or two, so it can be decimated and fished out just like Clear lake and the PCR burbs, cause everyone was so upfront and eager to share them with the whole province via the interweb. sorry, no offence intended but thats just the way it is. everyone wants a handout. I learned from experience, and am still learning every time I hit the water. there are enough tips, locations and all sorts of other info on this site and the dozens of other websites about fishing that all you need to add is some footwork . All the time we hear people bitching and moaning about the ratio of anglers to fishable water, so when someone finds good fisheries and doesnt want to share them, can you blame them? and if that ****es you off, so be it. as for introducing /growing the sport, FYI I get more enjoyment out of handing off or helping a kid or even a grownup catch a fish for the first time, than I do catching them for myself. doesnt mean Im giving out or publishing my special spots. some of those were shared with me by friends who know I dont pass the info along for the masses to overrun. sorry for the rant OP, great job with your report, you will save lots of people from getting stuck or making a drive for nothing. and fish fan, I still dont think you were serious, and if you were, you need to rethink your thinking
I totally agree with you Wayne I moved to alberta three years ago new nothing about the fishing here and got a fishing lake guide and started going to lakes figuring out what works and finding out how the fishing is I'm not going to sit at the computer waiting till someone says ok it's good to drive on the ice or this is how you access this lake I go figure it out my self make the drive put in time. It's so fusterating hearing guys ask how much ice there is go get up off your chair and find out why should other people have to do it for you