View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinr View Post
As I recall both yourselves OITB and Kritofr were in the streamer swap I hosted,which wwent smoothly and on schedule with a nice buncha useable flies submitted,thank you both.
The other that went well was chronie swap hosted from Okotoks,sorry,cant recall host's name at the moment??
The other 3 swaps that I was in ran anywhere from 4weeks to 4 months(?) overdue with extended deadlines,AWOL host etc.
So that said,only once outa 4x that I mailed flies off did the swap flies return in a timely manner,the other I hosted myself.
With that,I'd say I'm done with AO flyswaps,too many fly by nighters,no pun intended.
Other flytying forums I frequent generally have strict rules in regards to swaps,and aren't afraid to call out tardy and no-show swappers,sometimes even posting a sticky blacklist/wall of shame that identifies the offenders.....something I've suggested here in the past outta frustration that seems to have fallen ondeaf ears?
I'm not saying I will NEVER participate in another AO swap,but I'll likely be the 12th man in after looking over the sign-up list and identifying long time,reliable members?
If you want to pm myself and OITB one of those forums, I know I would join and participate in more fly swaps. Just finished up organizing a new tying desk so I am eager to tie