View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 08:55 AM

I'm glad that people are understanding and share the same concerns I have with this ABA resolution.

Some here may have noticed that I tend to bitch a bit about how our Alberta Game Management Advisory Group (AGMAG) operates in relative secrecy.

Besides my bitching, some may have also seen how the public dissemination of information through this Forum has influenced change within the AGAMG discussions.

Posting on this forum is one thing, but it does relatively little in the bigger picture. However, sending an email to and requesting a response from those tasked with making these decisions can truly influence change.

I believe that many individuals sitting at the AGAMAG table could care less about this resolution, and may let it pass for simplicity sake. I have heard that ESRD F&W is not opposed to banning spears/atlatls as they expect little public backlash. I have been told that there is a split within the AFGA on this topic, some just don't care if these weapons are banned while others do not see the need to do so.

Without public (your) input on this matter, the resolution actually has a pretty good chance of passing.

These are the people that need to hear from you on this matter. Please send an email with your questions and position.

Allen, Jim
Head - Wildlife Management Policy
Environment and Sustainable Resource Development

E-mail: james.allen@gov.ab.ca

Pat Dunford
Head, Legislative and Advisory Services

Email: Pat.Dunford@gov.ab.ca

Ian Stuart
Alberta Fish and Game association - (Hunting Chair)

Email: mooseridge2@gmail.com

Brent Watson
Alberta Bowhunters Association - President

Email: brent@albertabowhunters.com