View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 11:57 AM

I find myself having to sneer at this thread. If this particular issue (attack?) had not been leaked, is everything else ok in oz? Apparently it isn't. The general human malaise of people wanting their piece of pie to be bigger than the other is the problem. Others have said it and I agree that eliminating spears or the other thing I can't spell won't really accomplish anything in the grand scheme of things. The resolution is put forward to appease antis? Appeasing antis should never be the goal of a hunting fraternity. You cannot appease them enough. Lots of posters attacking the ABA......not much love for the ABA on this forum at the best of times. Some of it is legitimate, as per the spear thing, but lots just hate. The label thing divides us. There are no rifle hunters, bow hunters, spear hunters..........we are people who hunt with different equipment. Having different opening and closing dates for the different equipment is really a blessing to us. Yet there are those who feel that organizations like the ABA are the axis-of-evil, whose members are elitist and non-inclusive. I'll go out on a limb and say that most ABA haters are largely those who have never picked up a bow, never will and are envious of people who qualify themselves for a bigger piece of the seasonal pie. It's not enough that hunting with a bow is open to everyone, the haters want to take your opportunities away only because they are envious. Then come the cross bow posts. A minority of provinces and states allow unrestricted use of a crossbow. That is a fact. It is an ABA position that crossbows not be included as archery equipment and I find myself in agreement with that. The ABA is a net benefit to the hunting fraternity. Scorning the entire organization for policies you don't agree with is just anarchy. I have never been an ABA member.