View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 09:49 AM

Default One responce I recieved

Thanks for the input Ray. As you state I believe this will be an agenda item at an upcoming Alberta Game Management Advisory Group meeting on January 14.

I have not received much input on it from AFGA members to date; the little that I have personally received is ~ ¾ opposed to the proposal, ¼ in favor.

Personally, it seems to me that it opens a huge “can of worms” to address a non-existent or at least minimal problem. (the video that apparently started this was shot in Ontario from what I can gather – and there are many more much potentially counter-productive and graphic videos of archery and for that matter rifle hunting out there)

Ian Stuart

Provincial Hunting Chair

Alberta Fish and Game Association

Sent: Friday, January 3, 2014 11:20 AM
To: mooseridge2@gmail.com
Subject: Spears and Atlatls be banned for hunting big game

“The ABA has requested that Spears and Atlatls be banned for hunting big game.

My understanding is that this resolution was not voted upon by the membership, that it was a decision by the President. I get the sense that the ABA is trying to get this passed under the radar. This resolution is on the agenda for discussion at the AGMAG meeting, January 14.”

This is one man’s opinion and is not, how a change to the regulations should be decided. As a member of several hunting associations this is a terrible idea and I will do my best to make sure this standing president of the ABA is not re elected.

If one chooses to hunt with a spear or a Atlatls that should be their individual right. We as a species survived for thousands of years with little more then these weapons in our hands.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.