View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
My only concern would be noise transferred to the house or rooms above. As in, I would plan on doing noise reduction measures if you plan on working in the garage, and/or maybe keeping the bedrooms (or at least the kids rooms) on the other side of the house.
We are aware of the noise. We planned on going with manual door to keep the noise down. Also, no kids :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Sharp looking house. I'd be interested in seeing the floor plan.
Sorry, I just grabbed the pic from a google search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmi07 View Post
Nice looking house, however I personally would be worried about off gases from the cars coming up in to the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Probably no difference between that and all the new houses that have bonus rooms etc over the garage. There were a couple houses with garages like that in the neighbourhood I grew up in...the only difference being the driveway sloped down into the garage and the house was level with all the other houses.
Obviously we would spend the money to make it safe. I am sure it's in the building code that we need fire resistant walls, smoke/carbon monoxide detectors and what not. An attached garage would be the same I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
I was thinking along the lines of a city lot. If you want to grade, it's better to have to remove than to take away. You want to ensure your footings are going to be placed on undisturbed base, below the frost line.
I was thinking a regular basement needs to be dug out too, the walkout would just be graded away from the house?

Great comments. Keep it coming. Thanks!

"If life is tough, it's time to get stronger!" - Joel Runyon (reminder to myself)