View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchiespg View Post
Thank you.
My only other point is traditionally there has been two factors in North America when it comes to vehicles. We wanted big vehicles, but they had to be cheap with all the bells and whistles.
Second I'd say we all agree the oil companies and motor manufacturers hold massive political sway.

So why would they want to promote cheap efficient transport when they can keep selling old technology with huge profits while simultaneously ensuring the pockets of their golfing buddy oil baron are kept full so he can buy them all lunch?

North America has been led to believe diesel is bad, and the propaganda worked.

But the tide is changing.
I bet these sell so well ford will put the transit van 2.5 diesel in a f150 before the year is out.

I know a different beast, but look at the ford fiesta in Europe. The little gas engine is half the size of the one here and puts out more power while doing about 40% better economy.

Personally I'd love a utility type SUV with a small 1.9 ish diesel. Something like a land rover defender. Would be perfect for here.

we spent some of december in Yorkshire, seen more than a few defenders hauling loaded stock trailers like they where nothing-hard to figure them not selling well over here? I'd buy one in a heartbeat