View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
I like this idea ranch. I don't need ten elk but if I could have the tags and disperse them to people I want to would be a great idea.
PLUS, then you could sell the tags as part of the price for gaining access.....Big bucks!

I lived in Germany for 5 years and all of the hunting there is done on private property where you have to pay to access the land, pay for whatever it is that you harvest, a trophy fee and then more if you want to keep the meat. The end result is that only people that are well off financially can afford to hunt. I would never want to see something like that happen in Canada and I would therefore oppose any calls for going that route.

Either you allow access for hunting or you don't......pretty simple. If you have problem wildlife and you don't allow access to hunters in order to control the problem then why would you complain about the problem if you are doing nothing about it.

If I had beavers causing damage to my land and a trapper volunteered to trap them for me, do you think that I should charge him money to access my land when he's doing me a favour?