View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&7 View Post
So Ninja...

No disrespect intended, but your story would've been better with some background details for comparison sake. Jigging vs. Dead baits....spoon vs. jig....jigging style...how was the differences in bottom structure in your hole vs. his?

I am always curious as we had a very similar scenario yesterday. Lots of active, aggressive fish but it seemed difficult to get them to commit. I threw everything in my tackle box at them and jigged it all a million different ways. In the end, it seemed the only thing tha helped was changing hooks every few minutes so that it was something new to them. Dead baits got hit a few times...then nothing.

I try to figure out as much as I can when seeing this much "fish behaviour"...so any details you can share would be appreciated.
basically i stuck with jig head tipped with minnow which has ALWAYS produced well in same location.
yeehaw started with same presentation as me, but after he caught about 15 or so he went to some other presentations some of which i'm not allowed to say on this forum. didn't really matter, cause he connected with all of them. i think he dropped his cigar in the hole and a pike jumped right out onto the ice to get it. lol.
some days are like that.
as for structure, pretty consistent smooth bottom for both of us.