View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 08:40 AM

30 year MS/Windows guy, going all the way back to DOS 2.1. Had to use MS for work so stuck with it until last year, then a restore from backup failed due to a corrupted Windows 7 security update. Same security update bricked a friend's Asus laptop. That was the last nail in the coffin and switched completely to Mac OSX with two desktops, Airport router, Ipad and a Macbook Pro. Windows machines went to the dump for recycling, kept one for archive of old programs in case I have to retrieve past work.

The functionality of the Mac operating systems is robust. IT departments endorse Windows because it keeps them in business. I am running a home network with 5 computers, media streaming to HD TVs, AC wireless, and 3 NAS boxes without crashes for over 6 months, one Mac has never been rebooted except for a OS upgrade.

I went to a buddy's place to do a fill out his passport application and test for media streaming setup. I laughed at him two hours while he tried to load a fillable PDF and print it, the Windows machine froze BSD every time when it went to print. The solution was to log my Macbook onto his wireless and then print. If you have a critical application that runs on Windows only, dedicate a single machine to running that and do everything else on Macs.

Last edited by badger; 04-27-2014 at 08:51 AM.