View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
Which organization are you refering too? The one that was only trying to get weapons re-defined to ensure a quick humane kill? Maybe dull butter knives tied to a broom handle are all that is required? I am sick of the garbage you continue to spew and the attacks on bowhunting.

Most of this issue has had the facts twisted out of all recognition by one of Alberta's most anti-ABA and vehement pro-crossbow apologists we have seen. I have no doubt that this issue is being used in a very cynical and disingenuous manner. I am so disgusted by this that I will refuse to buy any magazine that donkey has written in or buy any product he has endorsed.

As an avid archer and bowhunter I could support the use of Atlatl's, spears, whatever. They just need to be defined. A rifle needs to be .243, a bow needs to be 45#'s with a sharp broadhead, and a spear needs to be (?????).

If you can't get that then you don't want to know what I think you can do with your spear.
So are you against the ban?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudelpointer View Post
Really 338? You are an "avid bowhunter" yet you don't even know the minimum poundage required for a hunting bow in AB? Show where in the regulation it says ANYTHING about how sharp a broadhead needs to be... Let me save you some time; it doesn't. It says that a broadhead must be a minimum 7/8" wide and can't be designed to resist being pulled out.

The ABA has tried to rewrite history - fact: they proposed to BAN spears and atlatls. But keep it up, it is mighty entertaining.
And Why is it up to a Bowhunting Org to deside what other weapons other then a Bow Should have regulations imposed on them? I just think the "BowHunting" Thing gives it all away.