View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
The amount of fouling is not so much the issue, as if the fouling present affects your accuracy.
I had a friend who had a 270 Parker Hale that used to foul really bad after three shots, but it never affected the accuracy of that rifle until he shot it about 20 times.
Being a hunting rifle, he didn't worry about it, as he was a match shooter and had rifles he used to practice and compete with .
if you are shooting it at the range and see the accuracy drop off, just clean it there and keep shooting after 5 shots.
Cat
Clean that thing to the bare metal and go shoot a 5 shot group, then another and another, letting it cool but don't clean. I bet the third target will be the best. After doing a few of these little experiments with my own guns they now only get the wipe out treatment every 2-300 rounds, only kroil and a good carbon remover. My cold clean bore zero is almost 10cm different than my cold fouled bore zero at 100m, that equates to a half a meter miss at a 600 meter target. Something to keep an eye on or at least consider. All this copper removal hype is just hype