View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKSniper View Post
After seeing so many people on here catching sturgeon I made it my mission to get one this year. I did a lot of research both on here and on google and figured out what I need to be doing. I bought a heavy rod and reel last week and have made it out 7 times since. Well today while sitting in the rain and wind it all paid off as I caught and landed my first ever sturgeon! I caught 7 suckers yesterday from the same spot so when I woke up to rain this morning I decided I was going back to try again. My hook was only in the water 20 minutes when I got the first hit, I didn't realize what I had on my line until it was 10 feet from shore, my heart began to race like crazy as soon as he surfaced! I got him unhooked and back in the water and one hour later to the minute I caught another . The second one fought a lot more and I knew it was a sturgeon from the get go just because of the power he had. The first one was 30" long and had a red tag in its tail. The second was 28" long with no tag. I was fishing alone and have never seen or handled a sturgeon before so i'm glad they were both just little guys. They both took off like rockets when I put them back in the water, what a friggin feeling!

Attachment 92100

Attachment 92101
Dedication and the hunger to land one paid off! I bet it was exciting.