View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
This is great, thanks for the great input guys!
Neil youve hit the nail on the head with the harvest thing. I put almost all my eggs in one basket last year for bow hunting whiteys, which I thought would be fine. Until The Outlaws (Inlaws) went and harvested all their crops!!!

All my hard work down the drain, I couldnt even find half of the deer that I had on camera!? GONE boy was I stressed out.

Once all the commotion settled down most of the bucks came back.

That is very good info dmcbride. So you check fields from your truck, quad etc with binos or spotting scope in early season to find where the bucks are feeding???? I hunt almost exclusively farm land now, but have yet to see "Bucks" feeding in specific fields consistantly. And I do a lot of driving in the early mornings and later in the evenings. What draws you to a certain location to check and see if deer are feeding in the area?

Just for the record that picture is two years old and that big boy resides in Cold Lake, and I now reside in Lloydminster.

This old boy was laid to rest 200 yards from where that first picture was taken 2 years before.

158", never had a single picture of him, didnt know he existed until I shot him on Nov 5th. Just lucky I guess

Anybody else have some pics of some nice deer they have taken in a perfectly planned scenario or even by luck?
X2 on the harvest thing.

Drive around and find where deer in general are feeding. Then I basically hunt the field from a distance with binoculars. I found that most times it is hard to see bucks in a field from the road. When I mean hunt the field with binoculars, Treat it as if you were hunting. last thing you want to do is bump the big buck your looking for.
I've had good luck with Alfalfa fields The deer seem to come back in a week after it is harvested if there was rain. A little longer if there is no rain.