View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
So if you and your two kids want to apply for mule deer (antlered and antlerless) and elk. Just fork over $225 to throw your names into the draw. Might not even be drawn. If you are, add license costs. Oh, and want to 999 a bunch for hunts in future years, throw in a few hundred $ more. Somehow paying a grand every year to the Alberta Government general revenue fund will make everything all better for hunters.

Crazy solution to an undefined, possibly non-existant problem. I have bought and hunted every license opportunity I've ever been drawn for. You are doing a pretty poor job of convincing me why I And other reponsible, planful hunters should have to pay several times more to the government than at present.

I've got a great idea to lower traffic fatalities. Let's charge $5000 a year for a license plate. I can afford it, but many can't, so we will have fewer cars on the road and a more safe environment for everyone.
Not sure where you come up with $225. My calculation according to your model of 3 people with 2 draws comes up to 150 dollars. ( EDIT sorry I mised the elk) And yes if you want your kids to apply that is the cost. I have paid for my licences since I was 14 because it was important to me.

Not my issue if you cant see the problems with the current system or my job to convince you of anything.

Your example of trafffic fatalities is completely irrelevant as no one stops you from going to buy a drivers license so find another relevant comparison if you want to continue the debate