View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
The reason it has been so good is because Albertans are progressive. Change is always required. There have been very few things that have stayed the same in the past 10 yrs in this province.

The reason we have had it so good is the diverse species of animals and relatively low population.

That said, I agree that there should be some change to help deal with the growing population. IMO, mandatory purchase of a licence when drawn is a no brainer. I would support a nominal increase in the cost of draw applications (in the hopes that it would encourage some forethought into what a person is actually applying for). I would NOT be supportive of major increases though.......that is a slippery slope that we should stay well away from. I would like to see controls on bogus applications and residencies. Once in a lifetime draws should be just that. Finally, I would eliminate outfitter allocations to any species requiring a special draw........we no longer have enough to go around, and residents come first.

Is there anyone who thinks that the future of hunting can't be as good as the past? With some changes to the current system of course.

We will never have as short of wait times as we were accustomed to ever again. There is simply no way around the elephant in the room that is our growing population.

I was going to stay out of this one......