View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 12:19 PM

Default Momma's getting a flashy rig for Christmas but I need some help please!!

My wife loves to shoot. And she's damn good! But she won't hunt.( not a big deal at all). Looking to build her a girly blinged out 223 target rifle before December.

First I need an action and bottom metal as I have specific needs for the barrel and stock. But as the entire build revolves around the action I need this first. Looking to save some $$$ here as she may only shoot 50-100 rounds/year. I have heard of quite a few building very accurate rifle around the axis action. I would like to stay in a stainless if possible. As always the 700 is an option too.

The barrel I have figured out with either action.

The stock is being difficult for me tho. I would like a pink/black or pink/grey laminate thumbhole that will ship to Canada, or even better....can be purchased in Canada.

This will be the girliest rifle anyone I know has ever seen and I am actually excited about the build. I know this sounds corny but I really enjoy the fact that the wife and I can spend some time together with a mutual interest, yet when I need some "me" time I can just go hunting. My kids are starting to take an interest as well although they are pretty small yet. But it gives me hope!

Thanks in advance for any help!
"I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only is a target but as living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life,if I can with regrets as well as joy, with the sure knowledge that natures way of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate then I can bestow."- Fred Bear