View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 02:09 PM

Default Defending there use???

I have been talking with a lot of non hunters about this issue sense it came to my attention. Almost all the people I have talked to don't have a problem with spears and atlatls. In fact some of them would prefer that hunters used a method that is harder to be successful. They have said that, hunting now day's isn't really hunting. (For the record I support all forms of hunting) Some have said that they don't understand why people drive around and shoot animals from the road and how that can be considered hunting. Others don't like how animals can be shot from 500 yards plus, with out even knowing that they were being hunted. Others disagree with today's modern bows being considered an archery tool. Some appreciate the fact that someone wants to get back to how things have been done for thousands of years. Much the same as someone who wants to sail around the world like our ancestors did before all the new technology. Should we ban sailing around the world the way it has been done in the past because it isn't as safe as modern sailing? I don't think so. They understand why and understand that it takes a lot of effort and skill. Some have actually congratulated me on my quest to spear a deer like our ancestors did.

The ones that do have a problem, have a problem with hunting in general and doesn't matter which weapon is used.

It just blows my mind that they want to ban something cause 2 people complained and they don't now how to defend there use. How many people have complained about rifle hunters, bow hunters or hunting in general? There is a lot more video's on the internet of rifle and bow hunters that make us hunters look bad than there is spear and atlatl hunting. Fact is the best way to defend hunting is all user groups stick together when it come to defending hunting no matter which method is used.

I really hope this banning doesn't happen and I encourage anyone who hasn't sent a letter or email to please do so. You never know your method could be next on the chopping block.