Thread: Quiver torque?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Well I might have figured out part of my issue that the quiver was amplifying.
I was shooting a 28.5" Eason Axis 340 with a 29" draw @70.5 lbs.
I went down to swamp donkey and shot my bow through some paper with a right tear an adjustment made this year better but not perfect so we started thinking it was a spine issue luckly he has about 200 arrows there, after we determined that with my set up my arrow could be shortened about 1.75" we started throwing other arrows through all with a right rear finally 5th arrow in bam money perfect bullethole. Ok what arrow was that? Easton 340 power flight cut to 26.75".
Well as Martin explained sometimes it's not as easy as just picking a spine but matching an arrow to a bow to find the perfect arrow for your bow.
We attempted to cut my 340 axis to the same length and still had a right tear.
So for $80 a dozen I walked out of there with a dozen power flights to try.
Little disappointed as I liked the axis but we will see how there power flights shoot and go from there.
If anyone would like to purchase a dozen axis 340's stripped of vanes PM me..... $90

Mike ....Hold off on selling those ...somethings weird there ...the right tear for RH release is a sign of too Stiff of a spine...

Now the .340 is on the weak side of the spine scale for a 70.5 bow...

Cutting the .340 to 26.75 if anything simply stiffened the spine considerably even more...?????

First how did you get that short of an arrow?...what rest ..how far back from riser?

Aside from that a .340 @ 28.5 @70.5 lbs should read a possible weak tear [left] if anything...the right tear would indicate other issues than spine...

#1 Did you try move the rest left?
#2 Did you check for cleance issues...[the most likely scenio]
#3 Did you try a .400 or .300 to test

Something just not right there Mike...I believe you can make the Axis work...

Neil