Thread: Quiver torque?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 08:58 AM

I have a QAD HDX on this bow, the shaft length I measure from cut to cut. We tried a 400 spine and it too tore right. The front edge of the shaft is about 3/4 to 1 inch in front of the HDX. The HDX is tight to the riser.
Can't see any clearance issues being the issue.
Ill probably hate myself for all the crap I am trying but what the heck. I ordered a guide rod off of a guy on Archery Talk called a Anti torque rod that guys are using and loving ...ever seen them?
I am not in a hurry to throw all this stuff on my set up but it will be experimental.

We didn't move the rest any after he did an adjustment when I was there. I asked if we should move the rest any and he said as it was my arrow is coming out of my bow perfect. I might play around.
I did ask that that tear should mean a stiff spine reaction but he said sometimes it does the opposite...as the case when we shot a 400 spine???

On a side note Cabela's has Gold Tip Pro hunters on for $89 so I ordered two dozen lol. I will shoot these power flights and the Axis if the power flights are shooting great I will play with them if the axis are good maybe I will stick with them. My dad has power flights so it will be easy to find a home for them.
I really hate messing with my bow so much but once she is dialed in I will have this bow for a long time and probably a permanent back up to whatever the flavor of the month is haha.

Alberta really needs a Athens dealer these bows are top notch bows at a great price!!

EDIT***
Just looked on the Gold Tip website and what I was describing as a "right tear" is labeled on there website as a "Left tear"
http://goldtip.com/arrowperformance.aspx?coid=15
Which would suggest a weak spine

Last edited by Mike_W; 08-19-2014 at 09:18 AM.