View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinN'flyfish View Post
Well if you release a under sized trout whose gills are bleeding, and floats up to the surface in seconds 2 ft from shore, would you keep or let it stay there? That's maybe why I see dead fish 3 feet from shore always
Again, the regs are clear. All fish that must be released as per the regs, must be released. You may not keep. Ever. Doesn't matter if it's 2 feet, 2 inches, 2 miles from shore. If the fish needed to be released because of the law, and it goes belly up, c'est la vie. As noted in earlier posts, the fish's body will not be wasted, because another animal will grab it or decomposition.

When the regs talk about wasting edible flesh, that's for the idiots who go home with a fish, freeze it and forget about it for 12 months, then throw it out, because of freezer burn, spoilage, or they just don't feel like eating it.

Bad enough to do that with one fish, some jack***es take home limit after limit and waste numerous fish. Should be banned for life from ever fishing again. And I'm no C&R zealot; I'll gladly take home 5 trout from Carson; I - like most of us here - choose to do the responsible, normal, ordinary thing and eat the fish!

Smitty