View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
There is no way right now to get rid of them so we better learn how to catch it. They are very good eating fish as long as they are not from very muddy waters as that mud taste can become quite obvious in their flesh as well. Bigger ones put up good fight ( my best in back in Europe was over 4 lbs) so no reason not to learn and enjoy their fishing now. And yes, smaller ones are perfect bait for pike - every fishing store in Eastern Europe will have small prussian carp for sale as live bait. I think fear of them dominating some waters is a bit unjustified... I have never seen them overrun any lakes or rivers back home. They can dominate small ponds though but get stunted and never reach good sizes in those. Obviously Alberta is different from Eastern Europe and nobody can tell for sure how it will look in 20-30 years down the road.
Here, they will remain unusable for bait. Guess they should bring back commercial fishing.

Bolded- With invasive species, it will be worse with, than it would be with out them. No doubt about that.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.