View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill9044 View Post
Not trying to start a fight but I disagree. I don't have a trapline but the states model is for the rec trapper not the career trapper. Down in the states they deal with a lot of trap theft. Disturbing traps and sabotage. Yes I know there are laws against that but it still happens. Look at nubes cabin law broken. You will also find some areas will be over trapped cause everyone wants a piece. Then the all knowing government would have to impose a tag system just like the walley bs. What a headache and room for mismanagement. I personally don't think the system is good. But the states model would really mess stuff up.
We have recreational trapping now, not career trapping. I think it's only fair that other trappers are allowed a slice of the pie. not just a select and usually affluent few. I have trapped all my life and know how much money is made trapping. The absurdity is we now have "helicopter" trapping for example. I'm not interested in a register line, I could have had several over the years so I'm not feeling sorry for my self. Fair is fair. 100,000 - 200,000$ traplines?