View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit Snarer View Post
Must be some good trappin there...how many squirrels to net $160,000, and then you have to eat and buy equipment, income tax etc. One busy man here.
You're forgetting one thing about these traplines when calculating your expenses RS. The line will never net 160k in a year or even 5 but it will over time. If the guy can net 10K a year while doing something he enjoys then sell the line in 20 years for 200-300K I would say that's not a bad deal.
I personally would not pay 160K for that Trapline but there are other lines I would. There are several lines in Wilmore that I would pay those kinds of prices, without batting an eye.
I have no idea what Brian paid for his line in Wilmore and I have no doubt it will remain in his family for a very very long time, but if he ever did decide to sell it the profit over the original purchase price would prob look like a pretty decent investment on paper.
Like it or not we live in a world where dollars and cents are what makes the world go around. If somebody wants it they will pay whatever it costs to have it.