View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416 Ultramag View Post
I think the real problem is that a lot of sheep hunters dont have the will power to hold of on a squeaker. You see lots of pics of Rams shot but most of them are barley legal and are 5-7 years old.

Everything else in Alberta is on Draw except whitetail and 3 point elk. If hunters cant stop shooting squeakers then what are we supposed to do?

Hunt every year and never see a legal ram or a rat race to a squeaker.
How many pics are posted on this website that actually shows 170 + sheep or 9 year old rams.

I would rather go on two or three hunts that have the potential of lasting 3 months each and be of real quality and trophy potential than just going for a nice hike in the hills.

Why do you continue to assume what the concern is?

Considering the many pictures of 8-11 year old 180+ rams taken this year I have seen (and I am not in the loop as many others are) I have a hard time believing that any hunt doesn't hold the potential for a " real quality trophy" to be killed.

Now of course I must admit that these rams were taken by hunters that have put in a pile of time and educated effort.....

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."