View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
How's the cherry pie?

What was the harvest leading up to the peak years?

Do you think that the wolf cull in the early 80's might have played a role in the high 90's numbers?

Do you think that the disease issue in the Sheep river and Waterton played a role in the the reduced ram harvest from the peak years?

Do you think that the loss of vast prime hunting areas to provincial parks might have played a role in the reduced harvest?

Do you think that forest encroachment in wildland parks coupled with controlled burns in the adjacent national and provincial parks (no hunting areas) might be changes where sheep are choosing to live?

Carefull, that pie may contain pits.....
I am not getting what point you are trying to make. I am just going by the information and research that I believe in. You have as much access to this information as myself or anyone else and you can come up with your own conclusions. I believe that the fact that we have fewer mature rams left over after hunting season is a problem that affects our sheep herds. It is also only one of the problems. I don't know what the answer is or what they are going to come up or if they are going to come up with anything. We all know what should be done in regards to habitat, predator control, access etc. who knows what they will do to address those issues. The fight is what to do with hunter harvest. I don't know what the answer is but I know people are naturally selfish and short sighted.