View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteed17 View Post
Ok so you agree hunters aren't the issue then? Then why advocate and promote a huge loss of opportunity through a province wide draw?
Gotta remember, hunters do play their part in the issue by harvesting of the animals.
I would love to be able to still buy a general mule tag in my home prairie zone, but if it were left general for the last 20some years, wouldn't be much trophy quality left. Sometimes as conservationists/hunters, we need to make a sacrifice as well, greed can't cloud our judgement.
As much as I would love to see big changes to the above 3 issues, I can't see them happening (at a rapid pace anyways)

What other suggestions do you or anybody else propose? I will not speak of the southern zones as I don't know enough about them to form an opinion, but there are zones here that are in trouble. 420 is a known problem, as are a couple others to the south I have frequented a lot and over the last few years have noticed a huge decline in numbers. I suppose we could put those 3 zones draw, but that will sure put a lot more pressure on other zones. I suppose I could put in for my draws out here, and when unsuccessful head for k country on a general tag.
There seem to be a lot of solutions, but what is the right one?