View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 08:45 AM

Default Dolberg Report Dec.18/14

Arrived at the lake at noonthirty. Three guys were fishing in 18 fow just to the north of the boat launch. I walked over to say "hi" and to chat before I headed south to where I wanted to try. The 3 of them had been fishing since first light and had caught a total of only 2 fish.

I started drilling holes just before the small weedy bay looking for 3-4 feet of water where I would set up my tent to fish at 2:30. I also drilled 4 holes in a SW line about 15 ft apart to fish right away. I set up a deadman at the hole closest to where I was setting up the tent. The strategy was to hopefully hook a fish while setting up the tent. No such luck.

I fished the 4 holes and had one bite that took my Trout Powerbait and that was it.

Inside the tent, I watched as maybe a 1/2 dozen trout, always in singles, swam into view then left. Some were more interested than others but none would bite, nose it yes, but not bite. I switched presentations about 6 times but nothing made a difference. I jigged slow, I jigged fast, I didn't jig, I crossed my fingers and held my tongue just right....nothing made a difference.

Ice was 9" of good, clear ice and 3 inches of white ice.

Bobby