View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 10:12 AM

Well I just got back from a good little trip with the kids. I got all 4 kids out on the line and did some trapping and some fishing. Fishing was real slow and wasn't much fun at all. We had a few more firsts as well with a lynx in a cubby set and a mink that was stealing bait in the storage shed. I used my new Pelican sled and it worked real well. I had enough room for 2-3 kids and a bit of gear as well.
Weather was good. The otter are making a fool out of me. They are all over but I just can't catch one. I got some real good spots set this time so I hope it happens next trip out.
Downside of the trip was finding 2 of my boxes ripped off the tree and one box completely smashed. The mini bullzozer tracks was proof that is was a logger or oil worker out on a cutline and had no respect for my property. At least the trap was still there. If I find out what company it was it isn't going to be pretty.

I saw this mink the night we got there. My daughter set the trap and in the morning she checked it and was so excited to find we caught it.