View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 12:59 PM

I shoot match bullets only with it since I use mine for target shooting but there are hundreds of appropriate hunting bullets out there that are sure to work. What have you tried? Any of the premium bonded bullets, like the Hornady Interbond or Nosler Accubond behind Hodgdon Varget would be a great start for cold weather hunting. I would also try some Nosler Partitions because they have always been so effective on game for me in the past.

I use Sierra 155 gr PALMA in my Tactical and mine also likes the Sierra 168 BTSP Match. It has a 1 in 12" twist rate so really heavy bullets are not likely to fly well. One of these days I will experiment with some premium hunting bullets in case I ever need to use this rig for hunting. I carry a light weight REM 700 Mountain rifle in 270 WIN for regular hunts because that matches my style of hunting (lots of slow walking and no trucking).

Regarding your Tactical rifle, have you adjusted the trigger yet? Because it uses the 40-X target trigger, it is user adjustable without removing the rifle from the stock. If you are not sure about this issue, check the manual. It is a superb trigger.. I have the same one in my REM XR-100. Not a hint of creap, over travel or movement before or after either one lets go at 1.5# pull.

Hope this helps, let me know.