View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
I have never felt the need to carry a sidearm in Canada. I carried one before coming to Canada and it was a pain in the arse. Always sticking in to your back. You could never sit comfortably. And always worried about keeping it clean. Always worried when visiting friends that it is safe from the kids. And always drawing attention to yourself from people wanting to take the sidearm from you. It is frankly not worth the effort.
As for trappers and guides feeling the need to carry I think a regular 12 guage is more effective than any sidearm will ever be.
At one time you were allowed to make your own decisions on whether to pack or not. That is what a lot of us in Canada advocate for too, the freedom to choose. We are not discussing type of firearm in this thread, we are discussing the carrying of sidearms.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw