View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
That is all true.

But I think that is more due to the easy access (by access I mean the ability to own) to guns, not ccw.

I think if we had the same lax laws regarding owning a handgun we would see a great increase in handgun ownership. Again, no one is asking for that.

We are already miles ahead of the U.S. when it comes to responsible ownership.

Allowing CC or OC would not change that.
I agree. CW it itself does not cause the increase murder rate. But again... Why carry if we don't need to. Such a low crime rate...doesnt make sense.

If some start to carry...more will want to likely because of the paranoia mentioned above. Some not trusting others carrying want to counter carry. Gun proliferation like in the US could result.

If very few carried...had strong background testing and law enforcement style security training in the urban use of handguns in a public setting then with a high level of accountability including if they Accidentally hurt or killed someone they would be civilally and criminally liable. There would be no grayness in someone's actions.

It would be an interesting concept...however unlikely.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin