View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_buck View Post
Hey Simmerd...I was out there yesterday also with some buddies off of English Bay. We were on sleds about a mile out off shore....when that big crack happened in the afternoon it sure made us all have a bit of a pucker factor.

Because we were on sleds we were able to just give it some gas and get over the crack but a vehicle would have probably went through. I would say on average the crack was about a couple meters wide of ice/water. It looked as if one giant sheet of ice had separated from the ice along the shore.

Glad to hear that everyone got off the lake ok...even if it took a while. Be careful everyone. BTW fishing was ok...kinda slow...but they sure are fun to catch!!!

Yeah I have to say there was a pucker factor big time when that happened. I actually took my girls out of our tent just in case. Lol
I will be using my rhino a lot more on the north end of the lake I think in the future. Hahaha
Pretty sure I saw your group out there that day. Glad you guys got off okay as well.
Fishing for us was okay. I was letting my daughter jig my rod and she actually caught the biggest fish of the day at 72cms! Lol