View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Banned

Go to the websites of the SAWT, NAWT, and Sask Walleye Trail (SWT) and look at the photos from the tournaments. You should get a pretty good idea what the typical boat fishing the tournies is based on that.

I don't really want to get into brands and specifics, because everyone is going to have a different opinion and preference. You don't need a $70,000 Lund or Ranger to fish the tournaments, just a well equipped boat capable of handling all kinds of whether and fishing tactics. Bigger is better though lol...

The most important thing in my opinion is rigging the boat properly - electronics front and rear with GPS, at least a bow mount electric, a rear electric is sweet, a kicker, plenty of battery power, and all the other fishing stuff - rod holders, drift socks, anchors, etc, etc...

It'll take some time and some trial and error to get it rigged the way that works best for you.

I'm sure there'll be a few people along with more experience than me to help you out beyond that and with specifics.

Waxy

Last edited by Waxy; 02-20-2009 at 02:46 PM.