View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Hi Joe.

I know you're swimming upstream here and will give you full props for doing a good job in debating your position.

I DO support substance hunting. No one should become a criminal for harvesting nature's bounty to feed their family.

Would all of this nonsense be mitigated though by registered kills and cut antlers/horns?

Just a thought.
Thanks tree,

This has been a solution that has been brought up before, personally it doesn't matter to me on the horn cutting, if the concern is the animal should not be entered into a book. However the concern seems to be opportunity and not reward.

Biggest problem is that a select few people don't want the Indians to have anything, be it trophy, or full freezer, a nice truck, or an education. They see us as a burden without knowing what the facts are, even tho the facts have been placed before them numerous times. Just ignorance,

Another flaw is that to jurisdiction , the province has to stay out of it, we as First Nations will use our own info that is gathered and put it to use, we want to see the unborn have the same oupourtunity as we have today if not better.

If people want FNs to be like other Canadians and on the same page they have to give them the oupourtunity to do as such, not by inflicting wish laws over night, but by giving them fair oupourtunity to flourish. In all departments, fair healthcare, fair education, and decent living conditions. To this day the indian is regulated and prevented from getting ahead, it's not fair to the people on both side of treaty.

If you want all Canadians equal treat them as such, and be patient it won't happen over night