View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealclubber View Post
I'd gladly give up my hunting rights if the govt gave us back the oil and ALL the money made off of it WITH INTEREST, we ceded land rights, not mineral rights. Want to renegotiate? There's a great starting point.
for many of the European descending Canadians, ignorance is bliss. Not their fault, it's inherent. It is however at their peril. Not that the growing Native political/financial power will be detrimental, but 'compromise' will be perceived as loss by those that give to obtain balance.

Our forefathers passed along a crude set of rules that they couldn't even honor, followed by years of 'let's pay them to go away' policy. It never worked then, and doesn't work now. First Nations, although struggling with their representation, are actively challenging the courts to uphold their legal rights, while we whine that our representatives can't get it right. It's outside of our comprehension, only because we were born and raised within the ignorance. I suspect that a new generation of 'Canadians' will emerge that embrace the diversity of culture, but it can only come when we stop teaching our children the ways of ignorance.

If Tom can manipulate the process so that Tom can harvest his trophy bull elk, is Tom's way good for all?