View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 02:53 PM

Interesting idea but personally I don't like the concept.

First, when I go on saltwater excursions I like to have a couple of rods set up for different species of fish. I will set up a 8wt, a 10wt and usually will have a third rod and reel set in case I break off and I need to get another cast out right away.

Second, when I fish the Bow with the drift boat I will have a 4wt, 5wt and a 6wt set up. Again a dry fly rig, the 5wt for a hopper/ dropper or nymph and a 6wt for streamer fishing.

If I am walking a stream, then I usually just take one rod and reel with me so maybe that is where this concept would work for me, but......if it is around the $1300 range, it really doesn't make it a less expensive alternative.

There are great reels in the $200 range that will get the job done for the freshwater fishing and then reels like the Galvan around the $400 range for the Saltwater fishing. I can buy several reels that will cover the same spectrum as the one reel. If that reel were to fail, your fishing is done until you get the reel fixed or replaced. With multiple reels you will be able to find something to get you through the fishing season in case something went wrong with one of the few reels.

Kudos to the guys who have spent their time and effort coming up with this concept, but it doesn't make sense for most of my needs.