View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttKastt View Post
Hi Guys,

I am rather excited as I believe I found myself with two deals on Fish Finder combos which can be used on ice and the boat and have internal GPS.

The two models are the Elite-5 Ice Machine and the Humminbird ICE 597CI.

With the Elite-5, I was able to have Wholesale Sports price match TFH and picked it up for $629 (TFH has some coming in and they are pricing them at $629). There is also currently a $100 mail in rebate for this unit.

With the Humminbird 597CI, there was one in the Bargain Cave but it looks like someone stole the bag for it. Originally it was priced for $799 but they had this one marked down to $639. The salesperson found a brand new, unopened 597CI and said he would give it to me for the same price of $639.

I am really stuck on which one to keep and which one to return.

Boat Transducer
The Humminbird also comes with a portable transducer that you can mount on a boat and I would have to buy a transducer for the Elite-5 Ice Machine.

Screens
Both have a 5" screen but the 597CI has 640 by 640 and the Eilie-5 has 480 by 480.

Case
Both Units come with a soft case. I am not too sure how good the Elite-5 case is but I know the Humminbird cases are quite good.

Beam
The Elite 5 I believe only has a single beam of 20 degrees and the 597CI has Dual Plus Beams which I believe are 60 degree and 20 degree.

GPS and Maps
Both of these units have built-in GPS and also come preloaded with the US basemaps. The 597CI has optional Lakemaster, Navionics Gold, Hotmaps, and Hotmaps Premium.

Warranty
The 597CI comes with a 2 year warranty and the Elite-5 comes with a 1 year warranty.

I am sure there are lots of ways these units are similar and different but would sure appreciate you opinions. I am hoping to hit Cold Lake this weekend and just need to make a decision.

Thanks in advance for your opinion
If you read what is here, I think you have the answer. Pretty obvious to me.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.