View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 11:18 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
This is really at the heart of the matter when you boil it all down. Harvest numbers, trophy size and hunter opportunity can all increase if we pay enough attention to habitat. We could support double or triple the number of sheep in this province if we had the will and ability to burn most of the mountain country in the province. I've seen what happens in the big burns in N BC and it truly is amazing what happens to increase numbers of sheep and other game animals. Until this happens we are going to go down the other road of decreased harvest in one fashion or another, be it draw, full curl regulation etc. Harvest numbers will never increase and remain stagnant or decrease.
X2 well said really... I've seen where we need big burns in the zones i hunt i totally agree on this 100%. I'm sick & tired of our sheep # decreasing and it coming to all the arguments to this post yet we keep transplanting sheep to the US. I find it real hard to support the WSFA i have pulled out of it as a member 5 years back. I just did not see them or my money adding value to the Alberta Sheep herds. I **** you not i totally remember haveing this argument at a sheep convention in Alberta on whats happening to are sheep hunting changes right now! 6 years ago and nothing happend then to help the resources stay or increase our Alberta province herds then. Now look what's happening all i can do is LOL So i changed my support to other hunting values towards our dwindling sheep herds.

Last edited by 243 wild cat; 02-06-2015 at 11:27 AM.