Thread: Smoke Lake
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 10:34 AM

I used to fish there a couple years ago.
I used to access the ice from the SE side of the lake There is a lease road right beside the lake there. "X" marks the spot on the map. Look on google maps satellite mode and you will see the lease road.

I would just walk out from there. Fished in about 2 to 6 feet of water under the ice. Never saw much but when the whitefish came thru, they were really big and hit hard and fast. My best whitefish from there 9.25 lbs. The whitefish average size was around 6 to 7 lb.. You need at least a 10 inch hole to get the big whites out. 8 inch hole won't cut it.

Lots of people say the lake is fished out. I don't believe that. I am sure there a few big whites left as well as walleye and perch...if you can locate them. I have heard the NW corner is good for walleye.

If you try let us know how it goes.

* it might seem shallow when you go out in front of where I marked the X but it did produce whitefish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27_Fig_2.jpg (44.8 KB, 109 views)
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets

Last edited by Red Bullets; 03-04-2015 at 10:48 AM.