View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasteland.soldier View Post
I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me which rifle hunters are restricting opportunity for bowhunters, although two people have since chimed in saying they agree.
You obviously aren't familiar, or are pretending not to be, with the difficulties the ABA faced when starting up and getting bowhunting legalized. You're not going to believe anything I say so look it up yourself.

As for restricting opportunities: the goal of sheephumper was to eliminate archery season by allowing crossbows (so pretty much anyone who can pull a trigger) into bow season. A couple years of that, harvest "stats" balloon, and everything goes on draw and no archery season. Anyone who wants to hunt with a bow risks getting shot because they are closer to an animal. He failed, and has been using his influence with the Afga to instigate problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanrd View Post
And I'm still waiting for someone to address the information that you supplied in posts #10 and #14. Extremely relevant to the spirit of the op. Don't get me wrong, I feel that the ABA has done some great things, and I am thankful for that, but all too often the "holyer than thou" thing gets driven by a few people in an organization and this is what happens. As a member, I don't want my voice attached to something like that! There is no room for mis-interpretation of the intent. It is stated in black and white, without the need for interpretation or context, and I never did ever feel this way. But obviously some did. Too bad.
Simple: "they" is an inaccurate label. It was not the ABA. It was a few senior ABA members that messed up big. everyone who hates bowhunting jumped on the opportunity to label all bowhunters.