View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 09:53 AM

Haha well with the amount of times I get skunked I need all the time I can get! It's tough being a newb...

I still fish every second weekend for my "main trips" (full day), but now that I lost custody of my daughter I can get out to the river a few nights/week for a couple hours...but don't worry, no need for you guys to panic. After 3 hours of fishing last night all I got was 1 baby walleye. I was in a snag for a lot of it, pulling in a big log (at least I know my hooks and line are strong).

To make matters worse, I tripped in the bush somehow trying to dock the boat and landed on sharp sticks - almost got impaled! Between new holes in my body and about 20 thistles still in my hands and arms, I feel like a war victim. If the fish gods punished me that bad for catching and releasing a little Walleye, what will they do if I catch a Sturgeon? This derby will kill me yet!

Dago, congrats on the Sauger. Last year was my first real year of fishing and that was the final species I had left to catch in my quest to learn how to fish. My brother tried catching them all too and only one fish stood in his way...Sauger...lol. He'll puke when he sees your first post in the derby is that...hahahaha.

And Rav, quit making fun of my baby fish I got a couple nice ones! (well my personal bests...lol)