View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 08:17 AM

[QUOTE=LBB;2845451]
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
That bow press was designed by myself and ken shrouderues and welded up by ken. We had it at archers nook in red deer. First archery range in red deer. I am glad you have it Neil and hope it still works for you.
Learned to tune bows on that press, Got the press when I worked at Archers Nook when Joan was retiring...modified it a little as bows advanged...

Once bows advanced to reflex riser and limbs the press was retired, We have three other presses two of which are hydraulic and my main press which is a cuatom hydraulic and electric..

Now with a foot petal I can put any bow in this modern press and with the foot petal press the bow in seconds...once work is done a simple pess of the foot petal in oppisite direction relaxes the bow and its out of the press...no adjustments for width, no straps, no hand cranking....lol its a dream.

However I use the old press when a older straight limb bow comes in and other presses are being used...Just to let her know she is still appreciated...as in picture she holds always cuddles my favorite bow full time...lol

Some history there and the old ABA patch on her seems fitting also and that press will always be here as long as I am...lol

Again Thanks...
Neil