View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 03:39 PM

I have an N of 0 on Mcgregor lake... but N of thousands and my share of skunks in the bag to know you can't measure a lakes status by random fishing experience at a lake.

I look to resources that we actually have available to us. Like Alberta fall test netting results that are available to the public. For Mcgregor they have results published for fall 2008 and 2013. 123 whites in the sample in 2008 and 90 in 2013. When you look in the graph comparison in the 2013 report the difference does not really reach statistical significance.

In your initial comment you stated it has "been tougher the last few years". When someone says few years I generally think a three year period from present.

So here you have a study that shows that from 2008 to 2013 there has not been statistical significant population change, which also overlaps the period of time in which you have noticed the fishing becoming "tougher". The only assumption I gather from that is the fish are just not in your spot but still in the lake. Best of luck. I'm sure your a great fisherman, not trying to say you are like I said in my previous comment. It's your assessment that I think might be in error.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures