View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Its an invasive species. People are concentrating on the negatives because it is negative. Eventually, people will accept it. But anyway you want to put it, the negatives still out way any positives.
We do not want zebra mussels or Asian Carp either. Fish species should not be introduced just to please "All Asian, European and even some Canadian fishermen" who like to eat fish. There are plenty of whitefish and other species(suckers for example) around and if it goes catch and release so be it!
I was born in Alberta and dont want to see these fish here or any other invasive species. To many that is one heck of a negative.

Not to mention that this is your first post and may just enjoy a little trolling.
Yes, that is my first post because I rarely like to but in. I am not trolling. I am also not celebrating "the carp invasion", just trying to make some notes on the possible positive outcome.
Just to make one thing clear, carps are here and not going anywhere. People can stomp on them all they want, I know this fish and you can drop an atomic bomb, it will probably grow an extra eye or something but it will survive. I respect all fish in the water, I didn't put them there, you didn't and none of us can change that.
About the white fish, yes, good fish, but not everybody fishes deep out of boats in the summer using fish finders. I personally am against fish finders and those underwater cameras people use under ice, but that's a different story altogether.
Suckers are not great for eating in my opinion.